(Note: This article has been submitted by a user. It is confirmed to work under Windows 7).
elicen40.dll is crossing a threshold it has no 'clearance' for so Windows terminates it. It's like a level 4 agent trying to access level 7 agent data. To allow it to do what it needs to do here is what I did.
- Install CMSF under C:/Users//My Documents/Battlefront/
- After install right click on elicen40.dll
- Click Properties
- Click the Security tab
- Click Advanced. It's on the bottom of the window.
You'll see a list of Permission Entries. First column says 'Type'. Second column says 'Name'. Third column says 'Permission'. Fourth column says 'Inherited From'. On mine the entry I needed says "HomeUsers (\HomeUsers"). It should say Read & Execute in the Permissions column.
In the 'Inherited From' column mine says C:\Users\\Documents.
Highlight that entry by left clicking it. You installed CMSF in
- At the bottom of the window click Change Permissions.
- At the bottom of the next window click Edit.
- You'll get another window. Under the Allow column put a check mark in the Full control tick box. Click OK.
- In the Permissions window click Apply.
- There should now be a new permissions entry giving elicen40.dll a
permissions of Full control. Click Apply if it's available. Otherwise just
- In the Properties box click Apply if available, otherwise click OK.
- Back out of all the windows.
- Right click CMSF.exe, run as admin, just for good measure. OR. You can also open the Properties window for CMSF.exe and, at the bottom of the Compatibility tab, put a check mark in the 'Run as administrator' check box so you don't have to continually right click when you start the game.
- After the game has been licensed and the user has seen that it runs remove permissions for elicense40.dll.